"I cannot imagine poetry without her." — Bob Holman
ExcerptMy English is no good.
My English is not very well.
My English is… no English.
My English is no where.
My English is not good and it is heard badly.
My English is no frequently.
My English is no native so apologies to everyone.
- 04.27.17 | Mónica de la Torre's The Happy End / All Welcome featured on The Bookbinder's Daughter
- 04.17.17 I Mónica de la Torre's The Happy End/All Welcome featured on Literary Hub
- 03.30.17 | Mónica de la Torre's The Happy End/All Welcome reviewed in Publisher's Weekly
- 03.22.17 | Mónica de la Torre's The Happy End / All Welcome featured on The Culture Trip
- 02.19.17 | Mónica De La Torre's The Happy End/All Welcome reviewed in Galatea Resurrects
News and Reviews
In wit, in range, de la Torre’s gifts are all-too apparent, but her real brilliance is in bringing together seemingly mutually exclusive elements: the poem/the story, the emotive/the theoretical, the amusing/the tragic.—Dan Fall, The Brooklyn Rail
I cannot imagine poetry without her.—Bob Holman
Mónica de la Torre is an exceptional writer who somehow manages to plumb and retrieve items from the inexorable spaces created by time and translation.—Richard Maxwell